This year, the holiday bustle is back. Be sure to practice these safety tips when riding DART:
- Wear a face mask that covers your mouth and nose - if you don't have one, you'll find free mask dispensers on all DART vehicles.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Remove an earbud or turn down the volume. Headphones can keep you from hearing approaching vehicles.
- Look both ways, and cross only at designated crosswalks. Trains and buses cannot stop on a dime!
- Always stand behind the white bumpy strips on rail platforms. Be especially careful as vehicles arrive or depart.
- Wait for people to exit DART vehicles before you try to board. People off before people on.
- Watch your step as you get on and off DART vehicles. Always pay attention to the gap between the station platform and the train door.
- Keep the doors clear on DART vehicles and do not sit or stand on stairwells.
- Take a seat or hold on tight when you board. DART vehicles may stop abruptly.