Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
August 21, 2012
DART's Schedule for Labor Day Holiday Announced
DART celebrates the 2012 Labor Day federal holiday and the unofficial end to summer Monday, September 3, with the following schedule:
DART's administrative offices, Customer Care Center, and Lost and Found will be closed. Customers with questions about schedules may still contact DART's Customer Information Center at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed: the HOV lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 HOV lanes, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Labor Day. Customers may call Thursday, August 30, to book their trips through Monday, September 3, and Friday, August 31, to book their trips through Wednesday, September 5. Customers may call Tuesday, September 4, to book trips through Thursday, September 6. X-Press Booking and holiday voice mail will also be available.
-- 30 --