Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 17, 2013
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
DART's Green Line runs straight to the Heart of Dallas
Dallas Area Rapid Transit's Green Line is the quickest and easiest way to see the University of Nevada Las Vegas and the University of North Texas play at 11 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1, in the 2014 Heart of Dallas Bowl.
Enjoy the game at the Cotton Bowl Stadium with fans of the Rebels and Mean Green by taking DART to either of two Green Line stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to both the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Transferring to the Green Line from the Red, Orange and Blue lines is easy at any of the four downtown rail stations: West End, Akard, St. Paul or Pearl/Arts District.
A Local Day Pass for riders headed to the game (DART Rail and buses) is $5 and can be purchased by cash or credit card at ticket vending machines located at all DART stations. Make the trip really easy by purchasing a day pass in advance by using the new GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application available for Android and Apple smartphones available through Google Play or the App Store.
DART operates a Sunday schedule on New Year's Day and the Trinity Railway Express does not run.
Before the game
After the game
- Blue, Orange and Red Line trains will follow a Sunday schedule into Dallas where customers transfer to the Green Line.
- The Green Line has additional capacity with a special short-line train between Victory and Lawnview stations every 10 minutes to Fair Park.
- Blue Line trains will follow a regular Sunday schedule.
Additional details about DART service are available at DART.org or by calling Customer Information at 214-979-1111.
- Green Line customers will use regular service from MLK, Jr. and Fair Park stations.
- To return to Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett or West Oak Cliff, board a Green Line train at Fair Park or MLK, Jr. stations and ride to any of the four downtown stations and then transfer to a Red, Orange or Blue Line train.
The DCTA will be running a special A-train service
The DCTA will be running a special A-train service to DART's Trinity Mills Station where fans can connect to a Green Line train straight to Fair Park or MLK stations for the game.
As part of a special promotion, the DCTA is giving away limited number of regional passes that will allow fans to ride the DCTA and DART for free on January 1.
Fans can pick up their free regional pass from December 26 through December 31 at DCTA's Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) located 604 E. Hickory and UNT's North Texas Athletics Ticket Office located at Apogee Stadium.
Fans that do not pick up the special promotion pass from the DCTA must adhere to standard DART and DCTA fares. Learn more about DART's fares and the GoPass℠ app to purchase transit tickets on your mobile phone.
More A-train info: Denton County Transportation Authority to Provide A-train Service for Heart of Dallas Bowl.
-- 30 --