Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 23, 2013
Make New Year's holiday plans with DART and TRE
Prepare for the New Year with the following schedules from Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE):
Tuesday, December 31
Wednesday, January 1
- Buses will follow a regular weekday schedule.
- TRE will follow a regular weekday schedule, but will have extra westbound trains leaving 20 minutes after the Big D NYE fireworks at Victory Station.
- DART Rail will operate a regular weekday schedule. This will continue until midnight. Trains will then operate every 30 minutes until 2 a.m. Two-car trains will operate on the Red, Orange and Blue Lines with three-car trains on the Green Line. After the fireworks at Victory Plaza, DART will operate additional Orange and Red Line service to Parker Road Station.
- The last scheduled DART trains from the Big D NYE event are:
- Red Line to Parker Road departs West End at 2:42 a.m.
Red Line to Westmoreland departs West End at 2:19 a.m.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett departs West End at 2:17 a.m.
Blue Line to Ledbetter departs West End at 2:16 a.m.
- Orange Line to Parker Road departs Victory at 1:59 a.m.
Orange Line to Belt Line departs Victory at 2:07 a.m.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford departs Victory at 2:29 a.m.
Green Line to Buckner departs Victory at 2:02 a.m.
DART's Customer Information Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on New Year's Day. Customers needing schedule information can call 214.979.1111. DART route and schedule information is also available on www.DART.org and TRE information is at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- DART Rail will provide extra service for the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Blue, Orange and Red Line trains will follow a regular Sunday schedule into Dallas where customers transfer to the Green Line. The Green Line has additional capacity with a special short-line train between Victory and Lawnview stations every 10 minutes to Fair Park.
- DCTA will be running a special A-train service for the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Learn more about DART and DCTA service to the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- TRE - No service.
- Paratransit ï¿½ Sunday schedule. Regular subscription trips will be canceled on New Year's Day. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will also be closed. Customers needing service for New Year's Day, Wednesday, January 1, are encouraged to begin calling Friday, December 27. On New Year's Day, next day scheduling will be accepted using our voicemail booking system and DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking. To speak with a staff person, customers may begin calling December 27, to schedule service through January 1. Customers should call 214.515.7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip(s).
-- 30 --